You asked for it, we done did it. We joined forces with the Persian Girl Podcast to discuss the expectations and complications with dating Iranians — or should would we say Persians? Having the Persian Girl Podcast girls join us meant that we were able to present the domain of dating from both the view of men and women. Among other topics, we discuss hidden aspects for Iranians when dating, such as the pressures placed on them by parents and the community. Being based in America, our guests were able to balance out the perspectives, giving us insight into how it is to date as an Iranian in America, while we provided perspective from Iran. So, listen in to learn what you should know about before dating a Persian girl.
We also get answers to these questions
- Are Iranians Persians, or Persians Iranians?
- Who are the Persian Girl Podcast girls?
- What should you know about before going on a date with an Iranian?
- Who should get the bill when going on a date an Iranian?
- How traditional should an Iranian girl seem on a date?
- Should you meet Iranian parents before getting married?
- How important is the subject of virginity for Iranians?
- Are Iranian parents ok with Iranian kids living with their boyfriends/girlfriends?
- How do I fake being a virgin?
- Should you introduce you boyfriend/girlfriend to your Iranian family?
- Is being Jewish-Iranian doubly complicated when dating?
- How long should you wait before proposing to an Iranian?
- How is the economic situation in Iran effected social gatherings?
- Lastly, which Middle-Eastern community has the most complicated dating rituals?
Follow the Persian Girl Podcast
Firstly, make sure to listen and subscribe to Persian Girl Podcast on Spotify. Secondly, the girls also regularly post entertaining content across various social media platforms — we highly recommend you follow Persian Girl Podcast on Instagram. Lastly, if you, like us, are a fan of their content, be sure to show your support, by going to their Patreon page.
Here’s a sample show, to help get you started:
Translations of Persian (Farsi) words used during the show
|Ta’aroff:||A term given for polite social protocol|
|Befarmaeid:||“Please, after you” – a Persian term|
|Dongi:||The Persian term for splitting items between people, like a bill|
|Ghormesabzi:||An Iranian stew using various herbs an often containing lamb|
|Fesenjoon:||An Iranian stew made with pomegranate juice and walnut|
|Maman jooni:||“Mother dearest” – a Persian term of endearment said to mothers|
|Khastegari:||The Persian term for marriage proposal, done as a family|
|Khanoom:||“Woman” – used in the show to explain the traditional idea of one|
|Aaghel:||“Wise” or “mature”|
|Shakhsiat:||“Personality” – use in the show to mean a person of character|
|Heyvoon:||“Animal” – used in the show as a derogatory expression|
Photo credit: photo of an old Iranian car advert, adapted by Ask An Iranian, please don’t use without permission — be “ba shakhsiat” please.