Unfortunately, you don’t yet have a Universal Translator, and most likely, you don’t have 200 years to wait for one. You do, however, have various translation tools available to you, but… effort… urgh! You’ve learned English, and you’ve probably also worked hard for an IELTS 7.5 result, but do Tehran baristas share your ambition of being a polyglot, global citizen? We’ll it kinda turns out that they do. Well, at least the one that we spoke with seemed to. We also called up many other places you might need to interact with as a visitor to Tehran, curious to answer the question, “how much English can Iranians e’speak?”. The results were reassuring, if not entertaining. So, if you plan to visit Tehran, or are simply curious as to how Iranians responded to our rediculous questions… Read more here.
Questions we also get answers to in this episode
- Should I stand on a non-Iranian toilet while using it?
- Does Rosha Department Store, have a customer helipad?
- Where is a good place to go to rent an apartment in Tehran, as an expat?
- Is the Iran Mall one of the largest malls in the Middle East?
- How can I get a charter flight in Iran?
- Can you smoke while eating vegan food in a Tehran cafe?
- Does Iranians e’speak the Inglish?
Music credit: “Mahvash, Parivash”, Jalal Hemmati
Image credit: Man carries man, edited by Ask An Iranian
Read more and find the links at ASKANIRANIAN.COM
Check the merchandise out on: ASKANIRANIAN.COM/SHOP