There’s beef; there’s a whole lot of beef; and there’s a meat-feast, at a carvery, on a Sunday, at the Annual Cannibal Conference, level of beef. This is the level of beef that we’ve arrived at between Iran and America. In this episode, we discuss some of the defining points in the decades of drama between these two nations. We also touch upon how things were once very much the other around. To help see how modern-day Iranians feel about America and Americans, following all this beefery, we read responses from our listeners. Our listeners provided us with a surprising range of responses, so if you’re curious to know, “what do Iranians think about America?”, be sure to listen to this episode.
Questions we also get answers to in this episode
- What is up?
- When did relations start going sour between Iran and America?
- Who is Haji Washington and what does he do for Iran?
- What is the most common photograph you’ll see of Iran?
- How is the former American Embassy in Iran being used these days?
- What is the McFarlane scandal?
- How did the Americans first feel about the Iranian revolution?
- What’s the state of Iran-America relations?
Say What Needs Saying
We have the guys from Say What Needs Saying podcast to thank for this show. They were kind enough to get the question for us, and pass it on. Cheers chaps!
Music credit: “Mahvash, Parivash”, Jalal Hemmati
Image credit: picture of Haji Washington, edited by Ask An Iranian
Read more and find the links on ASKANIRANIAN.COM
Check the merchandise out on ASKANIRANIAN.COM/SHOP
Leave a Reply