In this episode, we were delighted to be joined by Mr Yoshioka, a Japanese expat currently living and working in Iran. Against his better judgement, we wanted to sit, eat Iranian-made sushi, and chat about his experience of living and working in Iran.
We also get answer to the following questions…
- What do Japanese people think of Iran and Iranians?
- Are there Japanese restaurants in Iran?
- What types of sushi do Japanese people normally eat?
- What do the names for different types of sushi, such as ‘maki’, ‘hoso’, ‘nigiri’ and ‘sashimi’ translate as?
- Which restaurant makes the best sushi in Tehran, Iran?
- How should I hold chopsticks?
- How much soy sauce is too much soy sauce?
- Which type of doogh (Iranian yoghurt drink) is better, fizzy or still?
- What does Iranian mukbang (먹방) sound like?
- What do Japanese people think about Iranian-made sushi?
Music credits: “Mahvash, Parivash”, Jalal Hemmati | “Cherry Blossom”, Ancient traditional samurai koto music.
Read more and find the links at: ASKANIRANIAN.COM
Check the merchandise out on: ASKANIRANIAN.COM/SHOP