You say hello, and we Iranians say goodbye, goodbye, and goodbye. It is an almost ritualistic ending to any gathering and is a practice that you should definitely know about. In this episode we let you know how to delicately announce your departure, and how to respond when your host protests. This practice is so important that we’ve borrowed a term for it. We call this Irexit, which is short for, the Iranian exit. So, if you’re pushed for time when leaving an Iranian gathering, you’ll probably be asking, “how do I avoid a hard Irexit?”. To learn more, visit our website.
Questions that we also get answers to during this episode
- How do I escape a pseudo “Iranian-hostage situation”?
- What type of small-talk should be used with Iranians?
- How much tea Iranians can drink in an evening?
- Do Iranians have longer shoehorns?
- What is Irexit, and how do I avoid a hard Irexit?
Read more and find the links on ASKANIRANIAN.COM
Check the merchandise out on ASKANIRANIAN.COM/SHOP